Media area not loading

Dear Sir/Madam,

The media area is not loading for my team, thereby preventing us from adding captions below images. Our developers suggest that this may be an urgent frontend issue on Dato’s part. This problem suddenly emerged about an hour ago. Your prompt guidance would be much appreciated. Best,

2 Likes

Earlier today, an apparent overlay issue rendered “Open in Media Area” link in this image non-accessible to our staff. The function is used to input image captions. The overlay issue appears in Firefox, Chrome and Explorer alike - however, I as admin (using Firefox) am not encountering this issue. Having said this, I doubt it is a permission problem on my end since staff members granted admin status to try out a bypass haven’t overcome the overlay issue. Your prompt guidance would be greatly appreciated. Best,

2 Likes

Any update on this? :confused:

still having same issue…

Dear Sir/Madam,

The media area is not loading, thereby preventing us from adding captions below images. Our developers suggest that this may be an urgent frontend issue on Dato’s part. This problem suddenly emerged about an hour ago. Your prompt guidance would be much appreciated

Hi all, we’re having hard times trying to figure out WHERE the issue happens. If you could share a video it would be super helpful and in 10 minutes we could ship a fix. Thanks!

Also: could you try an hard refresh on the browser to see if it fixes the issue?

Proof that we’re trying our best :smiley:

2021-02-11 15.41.12

thanks for getting back to us
this is quite urgent.

it’s strange that I as admin don’t face this issue whereas other staff members who are granted admin status still face the same problem. as a temporary fix they can access it via the “Media” tab at the top but seems overlay issue remains.

have asked affected staff to upload video here to help you identify the issue

the issue seems to be that the “Open Media Area” link under the filename is not accessible (not possible to click on the link)

Please ask them to delete the cache of their browsers, as it may be the cause! https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic

thank you, will do

seems like it is working so far! thanks for your kind input and will let you know in case of further queries. best,

1 Like