Show content for specific tag

Hi!

Iā€™ve got three models:
Tag - where I store tags
Article - links to Tag
Session - links to Article and Tag

Is it possible in DatoCMS to show in Session model all Articles which responds to specific Tag eg. happiness ?

Itā€™s not possible directly, but what about implementing that logic in the frontend? So you just save the ā€œhappinessā€ tag in your Session model and then you fetch the articles with that tag only in the frontend?

An alternative is to implement a plugin that does that for you in the CMS interface. Check here how to get started: https://www.datocms.com/docs/building-plugins

Well itā€™s more complicated app and this logic will be stored in back-end. Unfortunately my client want to have such functionality in CMS interface to easy build Sessions consisting of Articles based on tags.

Ok but is it possible to achieve that? I mean I donā€™t want to put a lot of effort into it and I donā€™t want to waste time if this is 50/50

You can do a plugin that can show you the content in the UI. Then you might need to replicate the same logic in the frontend.

We donā€™t have ā€œdynamicā€ fields that update when content updates, so you are only able to show the linked records and do the same on your frontend. Hope it makes sense?