[SOLVED] CLI Migration: autogeneration generates invalid code (& can't run such migration on sandbox)

[SOLVED]
Turns out it was some version conflict, I had a @datocms/cli@1.0.21 in devDependencies along with a global install npm i -g @datocms/cli@latest and they were not playing well. I bumped my devDependency to @datocms/cli@2.0.0 and now the migration is created and runs fine (although the autogen still imports SimpleSchemaTypes by mistake and I get a warning that itโ€™s not used)

Describe the issue:

Iโ€™m back working in a project where we used to perform migrations using the CLI. It worked smoothly in the past, but now I need to perform a migration and the autogeneration is producing invalid code from the beginning:

Errors are:

Running migration "1710251840_release23.ts"... !
TSError: โจฏ Unable to compile TypeScript:
error TS2345:
Argument of type '{ id: string; name: string; api_key: string; modular_block: true; inverse_relationships_enabled: false; }'
is not assignable to parameter of type 'ItemTypeCreateSchema'.
Object literal may only specify known properties, and 'id' does not exist in type 'ItemTypeCreateSchema'.
error TS2339:
Property 'schemaMenuItems' does not exist on type 'Client'.
(IDE-only warning):
'SimpleSchemaTypes' is declared but its value is never read.ts(6133)

My steps were:

Install tool:
npm -g install @datocms/cli@latest

Check version:
@datocms/cli/2.0.0 darwin-x64 node-v20.11.0

Autogenerate migration script:
datocms migrations:new 'release23' --autogenerate=release-23:main --api-token=...

Then apply in a new sandbox (fails):
datocms migrations:run --destination=staging --api-token=...

Iโ€™m not really sure what might be going on.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Glad you were able to figure it out, and thanks for coming back here to amend your post afterward!