Seemingly high number of API requests

Question about CDA calls…

I’m one developer, working on local host (app isn’t anywhere yet). I’m seeing a crazy high number of CDA calls (chart below).

So far my app has around 12 pages, each one has just a single GraphQL call. I have no idea how I can be making 6k a day as one guy.

I’m using next.js. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Any suggestions on what to look at to fix it?

3 Likes

I was gonna ask the same thing today when i saw your post. If you think 6k is crazy, i got almost 32k!

I have a 1 page site thats not even launched yet (with me the only person testing). Also with nuxtjs!

Only 10-13 images (squooshed to below 100kb per image). No videos (all hosted on vimeo pro). All text content and data retrieved with a single API graphql query

And there was strange spike to almost maxing out the 50k on the free plan. I dont think its humanly possible that i myself could have made that many request in a day.

1 Like

hello @mykim and @jp

I cannot know exactly without having a look at your code. If you can share that to me (also via DM if you prefer) I can have a look.

One thing that you can do if you are not sure if it’s a rogue script gone wrong, is to rotate the API token so that you invalidate them.

hey @jp . Did you ever find out the cause?

No. My best guess is, next.js tries to reload the page after an error (in dev mode)… perhaps I just left a tab open and it was refreshing itself through all my API calls without me realizing it.

Right now setting up caching of responses just so I hit the backend less.

@mykim I’m experiencing the same and wanted to ask, if you’ve found any solution to this?

We have the same problem. Is there any solution? Is there anyway to see where the requests are coming from in the dashboard?

@osseonews i replied over to you in the other thread