How to implement Gatsby Image for blog post

Hi,

Is there any way to implement Gatsby Image plugin for content inside the HTML editor (not used in any DatoCMS record) ie content input by marketing team via the HTML editor?

Thank you!

@giang are you thinking about the automatic image optimizations that Gatsby does to the assets?

I guess we should do that in the plugin if you are not happy with what you can do on your own via the Imgix URL parameters: Rendering API | imgix Documentation

Let me know what do you think :slight_smile:

Hi @mat_jack1, yes, as marketing team always upload very big assets, so we tried to implemented Gatsby Image plugin back then but it didnt work within HTML editor. Is there any other good free alternative? Im not sure if my client willing to pay for Imgix now? Thank you!

Imgix is already included in DatoCMS subscription!! Just add the GET params to our URL and you’ll get what you want :slight_smile:

The Imgix traffix is included in your DatoCMS plan. Let me know if you need more details about that.

1 Like

Woo hoo! What a great news! Thank you @mat_jack1, my client using Advanced plan, yes, can you please give me more details!

Have a look here maybe: https://www.datocms.com/docs/general-concepts/media-area/#imgix-integration

Do you have any specific question?

@mat_jack1 no, I dont have for now, because im not developer, but I will share this with my developer & if he has any question, we will trouble you again. Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like