How to add images to my StructuredText in a Block item?

I have a block with a StructuredText property.

Iā€™d like to be able to add an image when editing that property

It seems there is no way to allow images as ā€œnested blocksā€, or is there?

I understand nested blocks are coming and perhaps images could be added as well?

1 Like

Yes @jb, as soon as we complete the ā€œnested blocksā€ feature, youā€™ll be able to add images to structured text fields inside block models

If im not mistaking, Nested blocks feature is live, how ever, I still canā€™t see how I can add Images / asserts in my structured text?

@s.verna

1 Like

Hello @K-user
Now you actually can do it!

Youā€™ll need to create a block that contains an asset field
(an example block bellow)

Then, editing the structured text field on your model, you must include under validations the image block as one of the blocks allowed:

After saving, you may go to the record of the structured text, and there youā€™ll be able to add your images by using /Image block (or the name of the block you created)

You can add how many image blocks as you like, and also add other fields other than the Single asset field to your block if you desire (even other blocks!)

Hope that makes things clear

1 Like

I thought that it would be possible to add images without creating a specific block for it. thx for the clear explanation.

1 Like

I have done this I just cant find a way to decode it now. There is nothing returned called ā€œ__typenameā€

Hello @dthreatt

Can you send us the body of the GraphQL request you are using?

Thank you!

Was able to figure it out. I need to use _modelApiKey