GraphQL query to catch blocks in pages whose locales don't match that of the pages

We use a page model that is localized, in it there’s a a block that has a field that is also localized. That field is a reference field, the problem is that Dato allows you to choose in that reference a block that does not match in locale.

In other words, say I have a page being view in the locale de_AT, and in it the block has a button that only has information about locale de_DE. Dato allows that, problem happens on runtime when the fields are all null.

Is there any way to catch this in a GraphQL query so as to inform the users of blocks that are referencing other blocks whose locales don’t match?

Hello @technology

You can only catch those empty objects after fetching them locally, you can’t do it directly on the GraphQL itself unfortunately

I see, thank you!

Quick question, any chance we can filter the dropdown in Dato so users can’t choose the wrong reference of locale is not available?

Sorry, which dropdown?

I’m one of @m.finamor’s colleagues, and we’ll both try to help you troubleshoot this more :slight_smile: Just wanted to make sure I got the right context first.