GraphQL Query Error with Dashed Record IDs Following Recent ID Format Change

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to report an issue I have encountered with my GraphQL queries following a recent change to the format of record IDs on your platform. Previously, my queries were functioning as expected. However, since the update to the ID format, which now can includes dashes, my queries are failing when attempting to query records that contain dashes in their ID.

For instance, when querying a record with the ID HP-Vg-9CTdaGrzRbalK8ww, I am receiving the following error message:

Parse error on "-" (error) at [153, 36]

And If I add the id between “”, the allIn filter don’t work anymore :

This error suggests that the presence of the dash “-” in the record ID is causing the parsing process to fail. It’s important to note that this issue only arose after the recent change in the ID format, implying that the dashes within the IDs might not be properly handled by the query parser. This project is in VueJS (Gridsome)

Could you please advise on how to adjust my queries to accommodate this new ID format or if you can remove the dash “-” from newly created ID?

In the meantime, i’ve duplicate my record to get a new Id that don’t include a dash.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your prompt response and a resolution to this issue.

IDs should passed down as strings, so the first error is… correct :slight_smile:

As for the second error… should be allIn, not allin!

Awesome! It’s odd because after looking at my query, the allin vs allIn error wasn’t included in my VueJs query, yet it showed up in the CDA Explorer. Regardless, all I had to do to fix was enclose the ID in brackets, and now it works. Thanks!

1 Like