Field cannot be destroyed as it's used as reference for the "Slug" slug field!

I can not remove a field from my model. I am getting ā€œField cannot be destroyed as itā€™s used as reference for the ā€œSlugā€ slug field!ā€ error.

I donā€™t reference this field anywhere, so I donā€™t quite get itā€¦

UPDATE: if you need to check is this item type 1997211, field title

Hello @primoz.rome ,

If you go into that model, and you click ā€œEdit fieldā€ under the ā€œSlugā€ field and go under ā€œValidationsā€
You can see that the slug field still references the title field:

Since the slug field has to always reference a field, you have to either change the referenced field from it, or delete the slug field to be able to delete that title field.

Ah I see, but how do I untick ā€œReference fieldā€ā€¦ Itā€™s disabled, and I can change for another field.

@primoz.rome , you canā€™t untick the ā€œReference fieldā€ as it is required for a slug field.
You can change it to another single line string in the model if you have a different one from title, otherwise you will have to delete the slug field.

So I canā€™t have that blank for slug ā€¦ We always manually enter the slug.

@primoz.rome i see, i will check with the possibility of adding the option for purely ā€œmanual slugsā€
But since in that case then the slug field would be no different than a single-line string field, Maybe just doing a single line string field with a key of ā€œslugā€ would be the way to go for your use case in the meantime

Understoodā€¦