Error message appears before user has time to process prompt

Hey, it’s probably ok for a few weeks. I can make some changes on my end (Such as putting a little banner above the field or some other alternative). I’ll do my best to explain the use case, and the reason why I couldn’t use the solution provided by Dato - as you do provide the functionality about 95%.

We have a radio group “page_type” (of type string) which is nested inside a “static_page” model. Depending on the choice of the page_type in the example below(in my second reply) you would say “Anytime we save/update/publish anything that is “important” we want to send a slack message via a webhook”

Now - Dato provides VERY similar functionality but it’s missing the granularity of targetting blocks nested inside models. See below:

For me to “avoid” having to do the manual plugin work we need an extra filter something like “Add a Condition → Trigger only on specific blocks → Trigger only on specific block choice” or something very granular like that.

I’ve seen this feature request here: Trigger webhook on field change? which I believe will cover our use case, but with all things SWE it’s easier said then done…

We can live with it for now and/or find work arounds if anyone complains. If you need anymore more info let me know. Thanks.

1 Like