Custom Data showing on the DatoCMS API Explorer for images but missing for local environment and when trying to access from the website

I was trying to add some custom data for images as links and that shows on the DatoCMS API Explorer like expected:

But I only get empty objects when I try to access it from the website(I couldnā€™t post the other image because I am a new user)

It would be good if you could help me with this :slight_smile:

hey @rinor welcome to Community!

Sorry Iā€™m not sure about what you are doing on the website, are you launching the same GraphQL query? Itā€™s strange that you get two different results

hey @mat_jack1 thanks!

Well the custom data field is there on API explorer but empty when retrieving from gatsby graphlq (using gatsby-source-datocms), and yes Iā€™m using the same query for both of them.

oh I see!

The problem with Gatsby is that you are not using our GraphQL endpoint directly. They are reconstructing a GraphQL-like data structure that you can interrogate locally, but the information is coming from our REST API.

I can confirm that the data is not exposed in our source plugin, Iā€™m going to open an internal task for this and report back when there are news!

1 Like

Hey @rinor, we found the bug! It was only on ā€œMultiple assetā€ fields, thanks for reporting! Version 2.5.17 of gatsby-source-datocms should fix the issue, let us know!

1 Like

Mhā€¦ difficult to understand the issue from this line :confused: Could you share your project with us it any way?

Hey @s.verna, after I updated the gatsby-source-datocms to 2.5.17, and then trying to run it locally it getā€™s stuck while creating pages,
URL path: /privacy_infra/ Context: { "id": "DatoCmsPage-******-en" } [== ] 15.687 s 57/545 10% run page querie

@rinor update! We found a bug that might be the cause of your issue, please try v2.5.18 and let me know how it goes!

@s.verna thank you for that, Iā€™m going to try that version and let you know! :slight_smile: