BUG Links in structured texts are very buggy

Iā€™m using Chrome 96 on OSX 12.0.1 and links in Structured Texts are very buggy.
I canā€™t add a link to an another model at all. This works for my partner on Firefox OSX 10.15.7.
None of us can remove a link when it is set.
Itā€™s a great feature, but I hope you will be able to get it bit more stable.

1 Like

Hello @mattias

Could you send me a video of the problem you are having?

Thanks!

I cleared the whole text and now I canā€™t repeat the problem with the link to the model, it seems to work now. However, I still cant remove/ reset the link. If I click on it and choose ā€œRemoveā€ it says I ā€œField is requiredā€, so I cant save the new state without the link.

Can you send me a screen recording of you trying to remove the link?

Thanks!

Sure!

1 Like

Hello @mattias

The problem is, a link canā€™t point to nothing, so if you remove the linked record and there is no URL linked to the link, it wonā€™t let you save as a link must point to something.

But i do agree with you that maybe a more clear behaviour would be, if there is no reference attached to that link, that it becomes just normal text

Iā€™ve contacted the dev team, so that if a hyperlink doesnā€™t point to something it just becomes plain text, and weā€™ll get back to you as soon as possible

Thank you for your feedback!

Great, I totally understand it from a data-logic-point, but from the editors perspective it becomes a bit unintuitive to work with. Thanks for looking into it!

Hey @mattias

We just made un update and now you can remove the hyperlink from a given text both by ā€œunselectingā€ the hyperlink icon in the toolbar, or by making it point to nothing.

This should eliminate the unexpected behaviour that you were getting.

Give it a try and let me know!

1 Like

Thanks! It works great for model links, but the same functionality would be good to have for regular links too, you cant reset them either.

1 Like

It should work for normal links as well, it doesnā€™t on your end?

Now it does, before I got a message saying I needed to write something in the field, but seems solved now. Thanks.