Bug/crash on drag/drop in structured text

A colleague reported this issue and I can replicate.

In focus mode, when dragging and dropping blocks, the blog that is being moved out of the way and the new block seem to get confused/duplicated. The previous block that was in that position is lost, and the block that was dropped is now duplicated in two positions. I have also observed a situation where both blocks are flashing as if both blocks were in the same place at the same time and competing for that space - Both times I’ve replicated this the browser has then crashed so the work is lost. - please see screen recording attached.

To duplicate, create two blocks in focus mode in a structured text field, drag the second block to be in front of the first block.

I saw other issues in the structured text field had been solved by a cache clear - that didn’t fix this.

This is blocking us from creating new posts with DatoCMS.

Hello @hannah

We just shipped a fix for this :slight_smile:

Thank you for letting us know!

I’ve just been informed that this has started happening again, could there have been a regression?

Hello @hannah

This time i was unable to reproduce this on our end :frowning:

Can you make sure you have deleted the cache on the browser you are currently in, and if the problem persists, can you send us a screen recording of how you are experiencing the issue? =

@m.finamor - apologies this took so long to provide further information but I have finally been able to replicate this. It seems to replacing one block with a duplicate when there is a sequence of dragging and dropping a block, scrolling further, and then dragging and dropping that block again, and then clicking into the block that’s been dropped. See video for replication (it appears the block is now duplicated, and typing into one block changes both of them):

@hannah now i was able to reproduce it! Thank you for the detailed step by step.
I’ll get back to you as soon as we ship a fix for it :slight_smile:

Hello once again @hannah

We just shipped a fix for this!
Let us know if it works :slight_smile:

Thank you once again for letting us know