API Calls Limits (per month)

Hi there, I’m not sure if this is where it fits but I’ve been experiencing quite a high API Call usage even though the page is still in development. I’m using next js + graphql + get static props to query the content. I’ve used up the free tier in around a week and I wanted to ask if I’m doing something wrong, or if this high numbers are normal?

Hi @rb!

It’s quite difficult to tell from the outside if you’re doing something wrong or it’s just the number of edits/page refreshes you’re making, but you should know that there’s a section where you can always inspect your project API/bandwidth usage:

https://<YOUR-PROJECT>.admin.datocms.com/admin/usage

From there you will be able to see a lot of information that hopefully should help you understand if there is something strange going on:

Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 07.32.11

Reports are updated every minute, so you can get a real sense of what’s going on in real-time!

Hope this helps!

Thank you. 100k api calls in around a week just seem a little crazy to me, especially because the page is still in development. Thank you for pointing the usage page out to me, I’ll take a closer look.