About listed plugin "copy language"

Hello everyone,

I installed one of the plugins listed in the “community plugins” page called “datocms language copy” . Did anyone have experience with it? DatoCMS Language Copy - Plugins — DatoCMS

I followed the instructions and created a new json field, and after is appearing in the sidebar of my content field, but somehow is not working, when I press copy does not do anything, also looks like the first option is missing, “copy from - to” I only get the “copy to” list but not the “from list”. I’m missing something in the configuration?

Also I noticed that this plugin is from 2019, might be that stopped to work at some point? , in that case would be a shame because looks very useful when you are missing a translation and just want to display a specific language version, but also good to remove it from the list.

Grettings

Hi @maria.arce

I’ve tried the plugin and yes it seems broken.

Also I noticed that this plugin is from 2019, might be that stopped to work at some point?

I suppose so. It’s a community plugin and it seems that the original repository has beeen deleted from github, so I think it’s not being developed anymore.

in that case would be a shame because looks very useful when you are missing a translation and just want to display a specific language version, but also good to remove it from the list.

I’m sorry but I did not get it. Why do you think this plugin is helpful to remove (a locale) from the list? Which list?

Hello faber, thank you for the answer, and what I meant is it should be good to remove it from the plugin community list if is not working anymore, just in case someone else runs into the same scenario : )

oh I see :slight_smile: yes, it makes totally sense. Thanks for reporting this!

@maria.arce I’ve deprecated the plugin and it should not appear anymore in the lists of plugins. Thanks!

1 Like