Localisable URL prefix in Slug fields

In addition to Localisable default values - #6 I would like to see localisable slugs as well. It’s very confusing for an English user to see Dutch slugs.

Hopefully you will consider adding this.

hello @floris.tenhove can you please provide an example of which slugs you would like to see translated? I’m assuming you are not talking about the slug field, am I wrong?

hi @mat_jack1! Of course, I’m sorry for the incomplete request. This request is aimed at the URL prefix found in the Slug field > Presentation tab. I would like to be able to provide a prefix per locale as our frontend URLs differ per locale. This could be slug based (when creating a subpage) or domain based or a combination of both:

Screenshot:

Hopefully this clears things up. I have also updated the topic title accordingly.

yes, that makes sense, thank you for opening this!

@mat_jack1, is there any update on this or a roadmap?

hey @florian.gosse no update, but since we have launched this plugin Web Previews - Plugins - DatoCMS that covers the URL generation for preview purposes.

If you have a specific use case for this let me know though. Thanks!

I think it would be still quite useful to have this independent of the “Web Previews” plugin. As it allows editors to get a better feeling how the URLs will look for a specific locale before they publish it. And it allows developers to match the actual output of the website.

1 Like

Not all editors know enough about URLs to figure out that the prefix of the field isn’t correct.
For editor UX, would be great if locale or translated prefix could be added.