In order to give clients the maximum feeling of “bespoke”-ness, I’d like to completely control the branding throughout the whole CMS experience. We can already do this to 95%, by adding custom admin domain and CMS colours/logos. However, I’d like the extra 5% to:
- Don’t require clients to create a general DatoCMS account. Rather, they can create a login only and specifically for their single project.
- e.g. I could add an unnamed collaborator, then copy a special link which can be used once to create an account for that project only, and email this to my client.
- Account emails (e.g. forgot pw) can be set to come from my domain, or from the customer’s domain, rather than datocms.com; or eliminate the need for account emails
- Disable “What’s new” popup for the client - can only confuse them
- Disable Profile and Billing account links if the client has a “project only” account
- Disable Docs and Support links - can only confuse them
- Disable Chat
- Even better, keep Support/Chat, but these are redirected to me rather than to DatoCMS
Basically I want to streamline the experience for the client as much as possible, avoid anything that could confuse them, and retain total control of the client relationship.