A demo project with nextjs and localized slugs

Hey there,

I wanted to take a moment to express my absolute love for DatoCMS! It’s such an incredible platform that ticks all the boxes for me: fast, stable, and incredibly easy to kickstart a project.

Recently, I noticed something missing within the projects on DatoCMS. It seems that none of them utilize localized slugs. I stumbled upon a project created by someone in the community based on a question I once asked: Translated slugs - #4 by m.finamor, but unfortunately, I couldn’t get it to work as expected. I am caught in a loophole of errors in both vercel and DatoCMS. I am unable to connect a repo to that project.

I have a small request for you: could you please add a demo project that showcases localized slugs? I came across this fantastic starter project (Next.js multilingual blog with SiteSearch - DatoCMS), which is a great starting point. However, the one drawback is that the slugs are not localized, and that’s crucial for SEO purposes.

I happened to find a video on your channel where you discuss localized routes. It’s an excellent resource, and I noticed that many people in the comments are asking for the source code. The developer in the video talks about the code, but to be honest, I’m struggling to fully grasp how it all comes together. Here’s the link to the video: (Creating a Localized Blog using Next.js and DatoCMS - YouTube)

Given the importance of localized slugs for SEO, I’m surprised that this isn’t already a key demo project. It would be immensely helpful if you could consider adding this feature.

Thank you so much for taking the time to consider my request. I appreciate your dedication to making DatoCMS even more amazing!

Best regards,