Querying for siblings?

For a tree-like collection, I know you can query for parent and children in the graphQL API. But is it possible to query for siblings somehow?

I know I can ask for the children of its parent, something like:

query MyQuery {
  allBasicPages {
    id
    title
    siblings: parent {
      children {
        id
        title
      }
    }
  }
}

and get back results like

{
        "id": "48803150",
        "title": "Draft Page: PREVIEW",
        "siblings": {
          "children": [
            {
              "id": "48803150",
              "title": "Draft Page: PREVIEW"
            },
            {
              "id": "49657859",
              "title": "Teacher Professional Development"
            },
            {
              "id": "49629739",
              "title": "Learning Resources"
            },
            {
              "id": "49661520",
              "title": "Early Elementary Science Partnership"
            },
            {
              "id": "49659082",
              "title": "Field Ambassadors"
            },
            {
              "id": "48910205",
              "title": "N.W. Harris Learning Collection Update"
            }
          ]
        }
      },

but two issues…
s

1. the resulting siblings still nested under a leftover children node, which in the code will become self.siblings.children instead of just self.siblings. This is especially confusing for other editors who don’t look at the raw GraphQL, because it makes it look like the cousins rather than siblings of self (i.e. siblings.children is actually not their children, just the siblings themselves, but the quirkiness of GraphQL makes them seem otherwise).

2. self is included in siblings.children (the record in question should not be a sibling of itself). I thought about using a @directive to try to filter for “sibling.child.id is not self.id” but I can’t figure out if the GraphQL syntax allows that sort of comparison rather than a straight boolean.

It seems like this is doable by adding a custom sibling resolver, but if I understand that article right, it’s something that can only be done on the server side (i.e. by you fantastic people)? If this should be a feature request instead of a question, please let me know or just convert it to one.

Thanks!