Installing middleman-dato gem problems

Hi!

I’ve been following this tutorial made by DatoCMS:https://www.datocms.com/blog/datocms-middleman-beginners-guide/

Everything works fine until I’m installing middleman-dato gem to the Middleman project. I’ve added it to my Gemfile and run bundle install. The installations it self works great. It installs middleman-dato 0.8.0. But, when I run the project again with bundle exec middleman server, it fails on dato/watch/site_change_watcher file doesn’t exist, which the middleman_extension.rb (a file in the middleman-dato gem) requires.

Recording to the tutorial I need Ruby and RubyGems to make this work, which I have. Maybe there’s something else I need to make this work?

Do anyone has any idea how to proceed with this?

Here’s the whole error message:

1 Like

hello @ericaglimsholt! Welcome :slight_smile:

Would you be able to share your git repo? I think it’s the easiest way for me to have a look!

hello @mat_jack1 and @ericaglimsholt. I come across the exact same error. Could you please tell me how you fixed it? Thanks a lot!

1 Like

hello @floordeweijer and welcome! :slight_smile:

I’m not sure how the problem was solved, but if you want to share your repository I can try reproducing your error. Feel free to share details over DM.

Hi! I’m experiencing the same issue and wondered if I could have some help here! How did you guys solve?

hey @hirofumi.jinno sorry for the delay here, I missed your message before. If it’s still an issue, please invite me to your repo, you can use my personal email m.giaccone@datocms.com

Hi Matteo, thanks for catching my post! I appreciate you sharing your email with me; I ended up using your company’s Middleman template and worked from there :slight_smile:

I managed to use Dato CMS for my first post-coding bootcamp personal project. Thanks again for running an amazing CMS!

1 Like